We’re chipping away at our No Bummer Summer Bucket List (are you?!) and are loving all the fun we can have in our own back yards. But it wouldn’t be summer without a getaway! If you haven’t planned a vacay yet, check out these great spots we’ve rounded up for you.
Our Favorite Getaway Spots
- BEACH: It’s gotta be 30A! If you can be flexible, you can find great last-minute deals from Grayton to Rosemary Beach and everywhere in between.
- MOUNTAINS: Check out Buckhorn Inn in the Smoky Mountains for a reasonably-priced B&B.
- UNPLUGGED LUXURY: Indulge yourself at Blackberry Farm, one of the most lauded luxury inns, just a short drive away.
Keep Your Home Safe While You’re Away
- Turn off your water at the main. We’ve known people to come home from vacation to thousands of gallons of water pouring out their front door, which made their home a total loss!
- Have USPS hold your mail. Packages left at the doorstep are a tip-off to thieves.
- Put lamps on timers. We recommend at least one light per floor.
- Install automatic light bulbs in outdoor/porch fixtures. These light-sensitive bulbs turn on at night.
Your Realtor Slash Travel Agent,
The Chattanooga Roots Property Team